Problem with STABLE-12

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Thu Apr 25 15:18:10 UTC 2019

On Apr 25, 2019, at 10:07 AM, Filippo Moretti <filippomore at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you build world yesterday and now drm-kmod is working again?The only
> problem I have with legacy both drm and ati is that smplayer crashes the
> system and I have to reset via power switch.

I updated and installed kernel and world on Tuesday, mainly to bring in the
clang 8.0.0 changes.  Then, yesterday, I saw graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod
listed when I did a portsnap update and so built it on the off-chance
whatever had been updated in it would cause it to work again on my system.
I replaced my existing graphics/drm-legacy-kmod with it, and the system did
not hang in multiuser when trying to load the kmod.  The resultant console
worked like before (when I used graphics/drm-kmod).

I just looked at the graphics/drm-kmod Makefile and
graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod is the port selected for my OSVERSION (1200507)
when installing.

Cheers,

Paul.

PS: I am only using graphics/drm-kmod for the system console, to get more
text columns than the built-in 640x480 VGA console would otherwise allow.