MFC r282973 (disable libgomp build) and r283060 (disable libgcov build)?

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Fri Jul 24 05:20:01 UTC 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 14:03:01 -0700 (PDT)
Don Lewis <truckman at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Should r282973 and r283060 be MFCed to FreeBSD 10?  On amd64 and i386,
> which use clang as their base compiler and don't have gcc in base by
> default, the math/scilab port uses clang for cc and c++ compilation, but
> finds /usr/include/omp.h (and links to libgomp from lang/gcc).  The
> build succeeds, but I suspect this may not run properly.

Does it mean the door to an openmp-enabled cc in base is closed?

I'm not fond of lang/gcc as openmp "provider": if a port use c++, it will cause linkage headaches with libc++ (I never was able to have graphics/darktable working, for example).

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>