10.2-Beta i386..what's wrong..?

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Wed Jul 22 11:58:16 UTC 2015

..uh top quoting..

Trying to mount root from zfs:zroot/ROOT/default [].

Fatal double fault:
eip = 0xc0b416f5
esp = 0xe2673000
ebp = 0xe2673008
cpuid =0; apic id = 00
panic: double fault
cpuid = 0
KDB stack backtrace:
#0 0xc0b72832 at kdb_backtrace+0x52
#1 0xc0b339cb at vpanic+0x11b
#2 0xc0b338ab at panic+0x1b
#3 0xc10556 at dblfault_handler+0xab
Uptime: 11s
..

Don't know if I've blowing the stack, nor I have currently the capabilities
to build an 10.2-Beta install disk with an custom kernel.
I've simply tried to install freebsd on old (trusty) hardware to do some
things..

In the meantime I've tested to install on the single disks with a plain ufs
in the existing gpart partitions (da?p3) und using the swapspace (da?p2).
That where 4 flawless installations, all 4 installed w/o any stall and
where bootable, so the hardware is ok.
Next try is gmirror on 2 gpart disks. I think gvinum is broken with gpart
partitions for since at least 9.3 on i386.

Regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info at tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741