suspend/resume regression

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 15 19:19:07 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 03:10:59 PM Brandon J.  Wandersee wrote:

> Please forgive me if this seems impudent, but has there been any progress on
> this? The status of the bug report hasn't changed since it was opened. I
> don't mean to be rude, and I certainly appreciate the effort that's gone
> into this already (especially Kevin's detective work), but support for
> suspend-to-RAM and my laptop's hotkeys were essentially the only reasons
> I started tracking 10-STABLE to begin with. Since both features were
> resolved many months ago, I was hoping to switch from -STABLE to 10.2-RELEASE
> when it came out, but I'm starting to get the feeling that won't happen
> because of a single errant commit. Having to continue following -STABLE
> would not be terrible, but it would be disappointing.

As noted previously, I have been moving house and generally offline since
mid-June (and I'm not really fully online yet).  My last request was if
Kevin (or someone else with an affected laptop) could test HEAD to see if
there is a missing bugfix on HEAD that needs to be merged.  This specific
change was tested on HEAD on both a T440 and X220 and on 10 to test the
MFC on the T440.

--
John Baldwin