ports/base ntpd rc.d script with WITHOUT_NTP=yes

Matt Smith fbsd at xtaz.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 16:48:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just upgraded my server to 10.1-STABLE r281264 and when I ran
mergemaster it told me that /etc/rc.d/ntpd was stale and would I like to
delete it. It's never done this before. I've figured out it's because I
have WITHOUT_NTP=yes in /etc/src.conf. I did this because I use the
ports version of ntpd and thus wanted to remove the base installed
version so that when I run commands like ntpq it's using my possibly
newer port installed version and not the older one.

However, the port version doesn't have its own rc script. It usually
uses the base version with ntpd_program and ntpd_config set.  With this
latest change it means I have to have the base version installed again.

Is it possible to get the port version to have its own rc script?

--
Matt