apache 2.0.63 and php5

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Sun Apr 12 16:10:55 UTC 2009

xer wrote:
> Hello any1
> Strange, i have a apache web 2.0.63 and php5 on a 6.4-STABLE, but every
> time i reboot the server, the php pages does not work at all, especially
> some self tools made with sh scripts and sudo (tail cat and some php
> buttons), refresh of the page does not solve the matter..
>
> For fix it, i need to make a simple apachectl stop and start, then the
> php pages start to works...
>
> the logs did tell anything...
>
> any ideas?
>
> appreciate your help
> TIA

I'd guess something like /usr/local/(s)bin not being in the process path
when the machine boots, but when you restart it by hand it picks up the
path you have in your shell.

I've been burned by this a fair number of times, wish there was some
good way of having things starting from /usr/local/etc/rc.d to have
/usr/local/bin and sbin in the path on a consistent basis.

	Barry