apache 2.0.63 and php5

Jase Thew bazerka at beardz.net
Mon Apr 13 12:03:35 UTC 2009

Barry Pederson wrote:

> I've been burned by this a fair number of times, wish there was some
> good way of having things starting from /usr/local/etc/rc.d to have
> /usr/local/bin and sbin in the path on a consistent basis.
>
> 	Barry

Hi,

/etc/profile is the system wide profile for sh shell. So, should you
need to do this for all sh scripts ( including /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
scripts), simply add a PATH line to /etc/profile, eg:

PATH=/foo/bar:/bar/baz:$PATH; export PATH

or

PATH=$PATH:/foo/bar:/bar/baz; export PATH

depending on whether you want your additional directories to be searched
before or after the default path.

Regards,

Jase.