Trouble with NFSd under 6.1-Stable, any ideas?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sun May 14 19:59:01 PDT 2006

Would this just be lockd, or should I disable both lockd and statd?  I notice
in the rc.conf it claims they are both supposed to be enabled, so not sure
what issues I run into if I disable them, if any.

As to my servers, I have a bunch of stuff running actually.  The Dual XEON
server being my fastest machine by far is my main server, off of that I have a
SPARC running Solaris10, I have another SPARC running FreeBSD 6.1, I have a
DEC Alpha running FreeBSD 4.11, and another old Dual XEON machine running
FreeBSD 4.11, and finally another x86 machine running FreeBSD 7 current.

This stuff has been doing great, I personally love FBSD, as you can tell from
what is loaded on most of the servers.   It just blows my mind that now after
years of running the network like this, now something breaks.  I get no errors
in syslog, and it IS serving requests, as I have some web pages on the old
4.11 machine and they come up, just slowly compared to what they used to do.
Oh well as they say, in the world of computers it's never easy..  LOL

---
Howard Leadmon - howard at leadmon.net
http://www.leadmon.net