watchdog network card

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 27 11:02:35 UTC 2006

 Le 27/03/2006 à 07:46:04-0300, JoaoBR a écrit
> On Monday 27 March 2006 07:37, Albert Shih wrote:
> >

> > Any idea ?

Thanks for you answers.

> is your card in polling mode ?

Well I don't known what's that mean. I just look the ifconfig's man...I
just use default config, and I don't think I use poling mode.

I don't understand : You think is better to put my card in polling mode or
not ?

> it seems that since a month almost all NICs are having the timeout/up-down
> trouble on releng_6 and it is worse when running SMP kernel

OK I going to no-SMP kernel.

> It seems that sometimes and IRQ conflict is envolved and setting the
> IRQs/Slots better the timeout do go away or running the cards in polling mode
> also helps
>
> For FXP you may also try to download the microcode with `ifconfig fxp0 link0`

Sorry but I'm no verry good in this....what's that mean ?

What's ifconfig fxp0 link0 do  ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH