amr(4) in 6.1-RELEASE ignores my tape drive

Ryan J. Taylor rj at rjt.org
Sat Jun 17 21:17:31 UTC 2006

Hi All,

This morning I upgraded a Dell PowerEdge 2850 from 6.0-RELEASE to
6.1-RELEASE and found that amr(4) no longer detects my Seagate DAT via
sa(4).

The system has an embedded Dell PERC 4e/Di with two channels.  Channel 0
contains two disks in RAID 1 and works fine.  Channel 1 has only the DAT
at ID 6 but it is no longer detected.  Possibly related to this, ses0
also shows up with the 6.0 kernel but not under 6.1.

The diffs for amr show that a ton of (excellent) work has been done
between 6.0 and 6.1 so I have no idea where to even begin looking for a
solution.  Any help is most appreciated.

Regards,
RJ