Please watch for "bus_dmamem_alloc failed to align memory properly"

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sun Jun 18 06:29:04 UTC 2006

I just merged a change to the busdma implementation which tightens up how
busdma aligns memory and warns when busdma fails to align memory properly.
This allows the bfe driver to work properly on machines of all memory
sizes, but it also caused machines with the mpt driver to trip the same
check due to the overly large alignment mpt was asking for.

So, if you see the message "bus_dmamem_alloc failed to align memory
properly" start showing up on your console, please contact me ASAP so that
we can find out whether busdma is failing you, or whether we have a driver
that is asking busdma for an infeasible alignment.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack