Need advice for setting up mail server

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff stdin at niklaas.eu
Sun Aug 7 15:30:34 UTC 2016

Manish Jain [2016-08-07 15:24 +0000] :

> I am looking for a good advice for some easy-to-setup mail
> server solution for FreeBSD 10.3. Is qmail still the easiest
> thing to set up for mail, or there is something better than
> that ? I keep security concerns for the mail server solution at
> a low level - fo r me, the thing has to be easy to set up and
> maintain, rather than worry too much about eavesdropping/MITM.

I'm not a professional but was able to set-up a Postfix system
with Dovecot IMAP and LMTP. I guess, it depends on what you need;
maybe OpenSMTPD is a solution for you. I got quite interested
into the project. As far as I can judge it's easy to set up for
a simple set-up.

However, I don't have a lot of experience i.e. I've never tried
neither qmail nor the traditional sendmail.

    Niklaas