www/linux-flashplayer7 - now works with SOUND on youtube

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Fri Jul 13 02:08:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 02:23:51 +0100
Jamie Jones <jamie at bishopston.net> wrote:

> > Then you obviously don't read lists very much... :) Please visit
> > the following threads (read all posts that follow):
> >
> >   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150737.html
> >   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150773.html
> >
> > For some thoughts about alsa:
> >
> >   http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-July/007115.html
>
> I HAD read those before (and now again!) -- none of them mention
> youtube/audio/flashplugin7 !

That's not true :)

  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-June/150745.html

(YouTube is explicitly mentioned.) Please follow this mini how-to
carefully. YouTube works, actually I still can't find any flash<=7 site
that doesn't work. "YouTube works" _of_course_ means that sound works
too.

I've been using YouTube >4 months now. Nothing changed in meantime.

Please report if this works for you. We can surely help you to get
flash7/nativebrowsers working if you experience problems.

Nikola Lečić