How fast can I get FBSD to boot?

From: Alejandro Imass <aimass_at_yabarana.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 15:05:10 UTC
Hi there !

I’ve developed a nice framework for embedded touch screen app development
based on Perl Tk.

I would like to create a single purpose OS that you can boot on a Raspberry
Pi or similar device and debating between sticking with Linux or using FBSD
(I would prefer FBSD). It needs to boot in just a few seconds and only load
X and then run a dedicated Perl app (no desktop env or anything else).

Is there a group or list for embedded FBSD ? Can anyone provide some
pointers on how to make FBSD boot as fast or faster than some of the
embedded Linux out there ?

TIA,

—
Alex