Re: How fast can I get FBSD to boot?

From: Tomek CEDRO <tomek_at_cedro.info>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 15:35:57 UTC
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 5:05 PM Alejandro Imass wrote:
> Hi there !
> I’ve developed a nice framework for embedded touch screen app development based on Perl Tk.

If you also may consider Python, I can recommend Kivy for
multiplatform and multimedia development, on big and small OS along
with mobile Android and iOS. I am rewriting messy JS+ReactNative
mobile application in Kivy and is surprises me in a good way many
times :-) I uses SDL2 + OpenGL for fast rendering, has various image
formats support, can use ffmpeg for multimedia playback :-) Although I
did not test it on rPI yet on BSD, it works on my bare DRM capable
terminal right from the console even without Xorg :-)

https://kivy.org
https://kivy.org/doc/stable/

> Is there a group or list for embedded FBSD ? Can anyone provide some pointers on how to make FBSD boot as fast or faster than some of the embedded Linux out there ?

https://wiki.freebsd.org/BootTime

Have fun! :-)