Xorg with evdev input devices

Vasily Postnicov shamaz.mazum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:39:53 UTC 2019

My experience report without xwayland:

1) Most of my 3.5 games work, including RtCW, doom3, quake (vkquake and
darkplaces), instead, eduke32 and xonotic. Quake2 (don't remember which
one) doesn't work (it does not use sdl2)

2) Many gtk3 applications work, but not emacs and iridium (last I heard,
chrome does not support wayland).

3) All qt5 apps do not work with the following message:
QWaylandShmBuffer: failed: Permission denied

So, thank you for your time helping me solve things. I think, I'll stay for
a while with X)) IMHO, sway is not as useful as stumpwm. And I can replace
iridium with firefox, but I cannot replace emacs (not with vim, anyway ;).
As for qt5, there is no much info on google, that is strange.