Xorg with evdev input devices

greg at unrelenting.technology greg at unrelenting.technology
Sun Sep 22 18:08:15 UTC 2019

September 22, 2019 8:59 PM, "Vasily Postnicov" <shamaz.mazum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Huh, that is quite interesting info. I had some problems with OpenCL as in that bug, now they are
> gone. My drm-kmod version is drm-fbsd12.0-kmod-4.16.g20190814 (the most recent), so the problem
> mentioned is fixed. clinfo and vulkaninfo are working.
>
> But with sway, I now see this
>
>> amdgpu_query_info(ACCEL_WORKING) failed (-13)
>
> That is EACCES again. Looks like the bug ressurected for wayland at least. This message appears as
> I try to launch emacs (with hotkey). I use GDK_BACKEND=wayland

Yeah, Emacs GUI still requires X11 — despite being wrapped in GTK, it does a lot of raw X11 stuff.

There was some porting work http://emacs.1067599.n8.nabble.com/porting-to-Wayland-td326678.html but looks like it's not done/merged yet.

> Xwayland is 1.19.1_11,1
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?

Apparently updating to xwayland 1.20 helps, according to the last comment in that thread.

https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-ports/tree/feature/xserver-1.20 ← the ports branch with the xorg 1.20 update

I haven't tested that, I've disabled xwayland completely.
If that doesn't help, that thread has my workaround patch that disables permission checks.