End of year Xorg status rant

Fernando Herrero Carrón elferdo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:21:52 UTC 2017

freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org>:

> Oliver:
> I agree 100% with you.
> I'm a desktop user [...] My use as it seems to be yours is primarily for
> data analysis.

More or less the same here, except that FreeBSD is my only OS (android on
mobile).

I also regret not being able to use my TOBAGO GPU under FreeBSD. As someone
else pointed out, AMD seems more willing to collaborate with the open
source community, and that's something we should show some appreciation for.

I would like to contribute to any efforts towards bringing amdgpu support
to FreeBSD, given my time restrictions, as pretty much anybody else, I
guess.

Cheers,
Fernando