testing new i915 driver ... it works ... kind of

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 20:27:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

I think that is the problem that many, including me, are experiencing.

Interestingly, most people I saw with this problem have a xxxxMQ CPU
like your i7-4910MQ.

My personal "feeling" is, that there is something wrong that messes up
the detection of the output connectors.
Unfortunately, I cannot help in further pinpointing this issue.
I tried to dig into the code on my own in the end of last year but that
was merely trial and error with the emphasis on the latter. ;)

Anyway, it is great to see that people keep on working on this and there
are efforts for uniting efforts. :)

Cheers,

Ruediger