Success! Was: Testing the new i915 driver (HD Graphics 4400)

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Sun Oct 18 16:28:23 UTC 2015

Oh yeah, and one more thing that I forgot to mention.

Now that you have the codec backend (multimedia/ffmpeg) and player
(multimedia/mpv) both built with VAAPI option and the player configured
to use VAAPI in decoding and as output, you must also install the VAAPI
driver for intel GPU:
# pkg install libva-intel-driver

After this you should be able to play full HD video files with less than
10% CPU usage (average 1-5% on my laptop). That's how it works on my
machine at least.

Arto Pekkanen