Success! Was: Testing the new i915 driver (HD Graphics 4400)

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Sun Oct 18 13:55:40 UTC 2015

To get VAAPI acceleration for video, you should do as follows:
- enable the VAAPI option for ports multimedia/ffmpeg and multimedia/mpv
- build and install the aforementioned ports
- edit file ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf, add the following lines:
vo=vaapi
hwdec=vaapi
- use mpv to play video files, preferably full HD

The same applies to other players too.

Sorry for HTML reply, my phone does not allow plain text.

Arto Pekkanen, ksym at IRCnet