Supporting i386-wine-devel WITH_NEW_XORG

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Fri Jul 25 09:24:14 UTC 2014

On 24.07.2014 20:46, David Naylor wrote:
> Hi,

Hello!

> I read on the quarterly report that some changes were required to i386-wine-
> devel to properly support WITH_NEW_XORG.
>
> As maintainer I am interested in integrating those changes (happy to
> review/approve patches) :-D.

Yeah, sorry to not contact you earlier, I didn't take time to clean my
notes :)

At the time of my test, i386-wine-devel wasn't expecting WITH_NEW_XORG's
flavor of graphics/dri, but you changed this since.

Next, to run StarCraft II, I needed libtxc_dxtn.so. This library is
dlopened by libGL to enable texture compression. I prepared a port in
xorg-dev's repository:
http://trillian.chruetertee.ch/ports/browser/trunk/graphics/libtxc_dxtn

It's not in the ports tree yet; I hope Koop can push it soon :)

Now, my notes regarding StarCraft II (not i386-wine-devel):

The Battle.Net installer copied the files but got stuck at some point.
It's not a problem and it can be killed.

The Battle.Net application starts an agent in the background. This agent
doesn't work for me out-of-the-box and the connection times out. If
instead, I start the agent manually, it works fine. I start it with the
following command:
  wine Agent.exe --nohttpauth

(the agent is installed in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Application\
Data/Battle.net/Agent)

At this point, Battle.Net works fine and you can download and play
StarCraft II. Diablo III doesn't work (black screen) but I saw many
reports about this in the Mesa/dri bugtracker. We need an update to the
Radeon kernel driver to fix this.

Some extra notes:
    o  I didn't test with an Intel GPU.
    o  I used the latest version of Mesa at that time (10.1 I think).
       Mesa 10.x works *way* better with Radeon GPUs, but Mesa 9.2+
       can't work with our Intel driver. Thus I don't know if Mesa
       9.1.7 from ports will work.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron