Supporting i386-wine-devel WITH_NEW_XORG

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 25 03:24:53 UTC 2014

from David Naylor:

> I read on the quarterly report that some changes were required to i386-wine-
> devel to properly support WITH_NEW_XORG.

> As maintainer I am interested in integrating those changes (happy to
> review/approve patches) :-D.

What happens if i386-wine-devel is run WITH_NEW_XORG as is now the default?

I am also interested in the new port, pipelight, to play Adobe Flash MS-Windows plugin.

I was building wine-devel on 10.0-STABLE i386 but was stopped in emulators/dosbox.

I had a Western Digital Green 3 TB hard drive develop bad sectors, just within the warranty period, got RMA replacement which I put in a Sabrent USB 2.0 and eSATA enclosure.

This enclosure permits access to IDE hard drives through USB 2.0 and SATA hard drives through USB 2.0 (?) or eSATA.

Now I want to install FreeBSD-current i386 and build i386-wine on this hard drive, using eSATA.

Hard drive might be better than USB (even if it's 3.0) stick for frequent rebuilds of FreeBSD system and i386-wine.

Tom