Supporting i386-wine-devel WITH_NEW_XORG

Jan Kokemüller jan.kokemueller at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 11:20:39 UTC 2014

 >    o  I used the latest version of Mesa at that time (10.1 I think).
 >       Mesa 10.x works *way* better with Radeon GPUs, but Mesa 9.2+
 >       can't work with our Intel driver. Thus I don't know if Mesa
 >       9.1.7 from ports will work.

FWIW, I'm currently using Mesa 10.2.1 and updated X related ports from
the freebsd-x11-experimental repo on a 4th gen Intel chip (GMA 4500MHD,
G45). Acceleration works fine. Maybe that Mesa limitation is only valid
for Sandy Bridge and higher?

Wine (i386-wine-devel) also works nicely for me on amd64, but I had to
manually rebuild it with WITH_NEW_XORG enabled. It would be nice to have
it available in the new_xorg repository on pkg.freebsd.org.

Cheers,
Jan