"Radeon HD 4200": e17 and gdm3 not working

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Mon Mar 25 17:28:48 UTC 2013

>> I've found that with lockups there is a distinct possibility of hardware
>> failure.

Thanks for that input Roland. I find sometimes my brain locks-up also :p

The lock-up error looks like it was due to a faulty pci-ethernet card. The
system stability greatly improved after removing the NIC.

>>  run poudriere at a low scheduling priority
What confounded me is that ZFS should be keeping track of and managing such
things. Again, culprit is faulty component.

Finally,
>> Start with the system logfiles
That's my problem: no messages regarding the error were showing up
anywhere...

Thanks for the support.