Problems With xorg 7.2

Firas Kraiem fkraiem at free.fr
Tue May 29 12:25:00 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 07:14:18 Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> System:  FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE i386 SMP
> MOBO:    Intel 946GZIS + 3.2Ghz Pentium D + 2G memory
>
> I just finally managed to muddle through the upgrade to xorg 7.2.
> (Though not noted in the docs in /usr/ports/UPDATING, I had to
> do a 'make install' for /usr/ports/x11/xorg to get the installation
> to complete after the upgrade.  Without this step, I had no video,
> mouse, or keyboard drivers.  I had installed X originally from the
> 6.2-RELEASE CD so I guess I assumed - wrongly - that the upgrade
> would pickup everything needed.  Is this normal or did I miss a
> step somewhere along the way?)

Well, unless I'm terribly mistaken, this _is_ mentioned in UPDATING :

"Make sure you have the x11/xorg meta-port installed."

> Three problems remain:
>
> 1) After doing the portupgrades as explained in the doc, I ran it
>     one last time to make sure all was well and saw this:
>
>     Stale dependency: xf86-input-acecad-1.1.0 --> xkeyboard-config-0.9_2
>     -- manually run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
>
>     Is this significant and/or what causes it/fixes it?  I am new
>     to portupgrade, having always done this sort of thing by hand
>     in the past.

When this happens to me, I just run pkgdb -F as suggested and it installs the
missing dependency with no problems.

Afraid I can't help you with your other problems, I use the nvidia driver and
it works perfectly here.

Firas