X troubles (possibly radeon related)

Fred Cox sailorfred at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 8 19:58:41 UTC 2006

Several people have reported problems with X.org 6.9
and Radeon X300, which were "solved" by going back to
6.8.2.  This includes total machine lockup with the
default vga driver as well as various ati and radeon
drivers.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any visible
action on the problem.  I get no response when I email
the Xorg maintainer.

I don't think they want to believe they've broken
something.  They want to blame the drivers.

Fred

--- Jason Morgan <jwm-freebsd-xll at sentinelchicken.net>

root at sofie.sentinelchicken.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SOFIE