[ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: yammi-1.0.r1_3 failed on i386 5-exp]

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Dec 22 12:03:26 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:35:42AM +0100, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 of December 2004 02:27, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, this one was expected, waiting for feedback from maintainer about PR
> > > 75079, which upgrades yammi and also fixes this problem (but
> > > unfortunately breaks yammi on 4.X).
> >
> > Since our immediate focus is on 4.x, I'd suggest marking this port
> > BROKEN if X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg and leaving it for now (commit with
> > portmgr approval if you like).
> >
> > Kris
>
> The trouble with upgraded port in PR is rather with gcc on 4.x (or the way g++
> includes behave) as far as I understand. But it is on my thoughts and if I
> don't hear from maintainer, I'll try if the fix (or rather a hint to what
> might be fix) i gave in PR works on 4.X (I only tested if it compiles), and
> either commit that or mark the port broken on 4.X before the 30th.

The reason I suggested leaving it broken with xorg but working on 4.x
is so that any hypothetical users of 4.11-RELEASE can use the port.
But, it's probably not a big deal, and the maintainer doesn't appear
to be too interested in this problem.

I think the only remaining nit is the missing file from the dri
pkg-plist which turned up on the pointyhat build.  Apart from that,
you're good to go!

Kris