[ports-i386@FreeBSD.org: yammi-1.0.r1_3 failed on i386 5-exp]

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Wed Dec 22 21:43:17 PST 2004

On Wednesday 22 of December 2004 21:03, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:35:42AM +0100, Dejan Lesjak wrote:

> > > Since our immediate focus is on 4.x, I'd suggest marking this port
> > > BROKEN if X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg and leaving it for now (commit with
> > > portmgr approval if you like).
> > >
> > > Kris
> >
> > The trouble with upgraded port in PR is rather with gcc on 4.x (or the
> > way g++ includes behave) as far as I understand. But it is on my thoughts
> > and if I don't hear from maintainer, I'll try if the fix (or rather a
> > hint to what might be fix) i gave in PR works on 4.X (I only tested if it
> > compiles), and either commit that or mark the port broken on 4.X before
> > the 30th.
>
> The reason I suggested leaving it broken with xorg but working on 4.x
> is so that any hypothetical users of 4.11-RELEASE can use the port.
> But, it's probably not a big deal, and the maintainer doesn't appear
> to be too interested in this problem.

He's probably on vacation :) Nevertheless I've tried the proposed fix in PR
and it seems to work on 4.X so I've commited it. The point is that this port
as it was (or many of the fallouts for that matter were not broken with xorg,
but rather with cleanup of dependency - removal of run depends on imake,
which would be broken the same with XFree86-4 ports, so marking it broken
with xorg wouldn't help. Upgrade in PR from maintainer already fixed this
problem, unfortunately it broke build on 4.X and that is why I waited a bit.

> I think the only remaining nit is the missing file from the dri
> pkg-plist which turned up on the pointyhat build.  Apart from that,
> you're good to go!
>
> Kris

Anholt fixed that and all this stuff should finally be commited now, I think
we got everything :-)
Thank you for all the work with this. Pointyhat and dosirak are really great
assets to have :-)

Dejan