bhyve manager

Jason Tubnor jason at tubnor.net
Mon Feb 26 01:50:31 UTC 2018

On 26 February 2018 at 00:14, tech-lists <tech-lists at zyxst.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do folks use for their bhyve guest management?
>
> I have always spun bhyve guests up by hand but now I'm considering
> streamlining the process. What do you use?

We were using chyves with ugly hacks to play nice with supported versions
of OpenBSD but based on this, it was only a temporary measure to get kit
out into the field.  We are now using vm-bhyve with full UEFI guests
including OpenBSD/UEFI and Windows Server 2016 as no ugly hacks are
required for whatever version of OpenBSD you need to use.  vm-bhyve is more
light weight and doesn't create endless mount points like iohyve and chyves
does.

Jason.