bhyve manager

KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko kiri at kx.openedu.org
Mon Feb 26 00:50:08 UTC 2018

At Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:56:09 -0800 (PST),
Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > What do folks use for their bhyve guest management?
> >
> > I have always spun bhyve guests up by hand but now I'm considering
> > streamlining the process. What do you use?
>
> Personally I use vm-byve with some local hacking on it to remove things

MeToo :)  vm-bhyve is very simple and intuitive and also easy
to modify. I've modified sevral parts as follows:

(1) vm image name could be included blanks
(2) can be treat with *.img images
(3) add force options for destroy or rename

I've created vm-bhyve-devel port including above diffs and
it's tarball and package were up at [1] and [2].

[1] http://ds.truefc.org/~kiri/freebsd/ports/vm-bhyve-1.2b.tar.gz[
[2] http://ds.truefc.org/~kiri/freebsd/packages/vm-bhyve-devel-1.2b.txz