ZFS...

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri May 3 11:51:43 UTC 2019

> Hmm What happens when you do a “camcontrol devlist”?

root at toybox:/usr/local/etc # camcontrol devlist
<HP RAID 0 OK>                     at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
<HP RAID 0 OK>                     at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (pass1,da1)
<HP RAID 0 OK>                     at scbus0 target 2 lun 0 (pass2,da2)
<HP RAID 0 OK>                     at scbus0 target 3 lun 0 (pass3,da3)
<HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4244N 2.00>   at scbus2 target 0 lun 0 (pass4,cd0)

> Camcontrol tags da0 -v?

root at toybox:/usr/local/etc # camcontrol tags da0 -v
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): dev_openings  255
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): dev_active    0
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): allocated     0
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): queued        0
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): held          0
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): mintags       2
(pass0:ciss0:0:0:0): maxtags       255

> How is the controller recognized by FreeBSD? For some of them it’s possible to instruct the controller to present the physical devices to CAM. Of course
> you need to be careful to avoid any logical volume configuration in that case.

I have been using these a long time, back to the old ones which were not
ciss and ditn sit under CAM. Drives which arent configured dont show up
at all, so I think the above is the best I can do.

> But I would only tinker with this at system installation time, making such a change on a running system with valid data can be disastrous.

Heh, yes ;-) Did you learn that the hard way ? I did!

-pete.