Java support

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Thu Feb 21 02:21:39 UTC 2019

Hi everyone

With the Java FreeBSD mailing list pretty quiet, I thought I might ask
here whether anyone was working on porting the latest Java versions over
to FreeBSD. There is of coursethe https://adoptopenjdk.net/project, but
there is little activity immediately obvious on porting there [1].

While Java 8 will be quite satisfactory for a while, the longer Java
advances without BSD patches the harder it will be to bring across all
the good work done for Java 8 on FreeBSD.

Are there plans for the Foundation to sponsor some work in this area?
I'm guessing its pretty substantial.

Cheers

Ari

[1]