Problem with STABLE-12

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 12:02:05 UTC 2019

> I have a radeon graphics card, too.  Recently, I had a problem with the
> graphics/drm-kmod hanging on boot in multi-user.  My fix was to switch
> to graphics/drm-legacy-kmod, which at least lets the system boot again.
> I figure the newer graphics/drm-kmod no longer supports my old radeon card.

So, I was about to post about this, and then saw this thread. I too ave
had to go back to the legacy-kmod because something broke it in the last
couple of weeks. Was using the new one fine until then. Unfortunately I
didnt know it was broken as have been working remotely and thus not in
front of the machine. But I doubt that the Radeon stopped being
supported soehow - that would be mentioned somewhere surely ? It looks
like a hang on loading the module to me.

-pete.