NVME aborting outstanding i/o and controller resets

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Apr 15 06:46:11 UTC 2019

Hi!

> Am 14.04.2019 um 23:33 schrieb Patrick M. Hausen <hausen at punkt.de>:
> Since the system runs well with RELENG_11 and only 4 drives
> and there is this question about the cabling and shared resources
> I will try to set up a system with 5 drives, each of them *without*
> another one in a „pair“ sharing the same MB connector.

So much for that theory: with 5 drives arranged in that way I get the
errors even during installation.

https://cloud.hausen.com/s/2myrX2Jr3fgLWGj
https://cloud.hausen.com/s/yryckgp56sH2CRe

So I’ll test RELENG_12 next. If that works, I can probably craft
a FreeNAS 11.2 installation with a 12 kernel. I would be hesitating to run
HEAD in production, though.

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100