NVME aborting outstanding i/o and controller resets

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Sun Apr 14 13:01:48 UTC 2019

Alrighteeee ...

> Am 13.04.2019 um 02:37 schrieb Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com>:
> > There's been some minor improvements in -current here. Any chance you could experimentally try that with this test? You won't get as many I/O abort errors (since we don't print those), and we have a few more workarounds for the reset path (though honestly, it's still kinda stinky).
>
> HEAD or RELENG_12, too?
>
> HEAD is preferred, but any recent snapshot will do.

I could not reproduce the problem for a couple of hours with
an otherwise identical system but only 4 of these Intel drives.

Now the same test system with 6 drives just as our FreeNAS boxes
- instantly reproducible.

I’ll upgrade to HEAD and see if that changes anything.

Kind regards
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100