ldconfig(8) oddity on 11.2-BETA3?

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Mon May 28 15:38:09 UTC 2018

## Trond Endrestøl (Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no):

> The latest commits to the synth repo forces synth to copy /etc/rc.subr
> and /etc/rc.d/ldconfig into each chroot.

Aha!
Yes, looking at https://github.com/jrmarino/synth/commit/465ab8d2133a9d1e15cbf46337a1a809f828495d
I think the issue is solved: synth in it's current incarnation from our
ports tree does not handle ports with USE_LDCONFIG in a way the ports
tree expects it.
Omitting rc.subr and rc.d from the ports build chroots may have it's
merits - but I wonder what else may break when using an incomplete base
system? Would using a pristine system with an empty rc.conf improve
matters?

Cc'ing Eric as the synth maintainer (as in port maintainer) - perhaps
it's possible to backport that commit until the next release? (I'm
not only "not a synth user", but also "rather inept with Ada").

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space