11.1 running on HyperV hn interface hangs

Paul Koch paul.koch at akips.com
Fri Sep 29 04:46:58 UTC 2017

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 09:54:56 +0800
Sepherosa Ziehau <sephe at freebsd.org> wrote:

> If you have any updates on this, please let me know.  There is still
> time for 10.4.

We are still playing around with this in the lab...

Running similar setup as the customer
 Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacentre (6.3.9600) Revision 16384
 Hyper-V 2012

Two VM guests
 - 11.0-RELEASE
 - 11.1-p1

We can not get the Hyper-V hn interface to lock up like the customer can
though.

We can get the VMs to hang/stall regularly if the guests run ntpd - approx
every 15 mins, but no real obvious pattern to it.  Disabling ntpd fixes it.

	Paul.
--
Paul Koch | Founder | CEO
AKIPS Network Monitor | akips.com