ABI changes within stable branch

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Wed Sep 20 10:19:32 UTC 2017

Hi!

> Am 20.09.2017 um 04:09 schrieb Aristedes Maniatis <ari at ish.com.au>:
> At the very least I need to remember to keep poudriere on the x.0 release even after it is EOL,
> until every one of my servers has been upgraded

Not necessarily. You can run build jails with lower OS versions on an up-to-date
poudriere system.

In your specific case just build 11.0 and 11.1 packages (until 11.0 breaks ;-) and
use the appropriate package repos on your various servers.

You *cannot* build 11.1 packages on an 11.0 poudriere, at least not reliably.

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100