[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk13 coredump on freebsd 11.1

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 19 09:05:21 UTC 2017

On 09/19/2017 01:57, Tao Zhou wrote:
> On 18/9/17 5:40 pm, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>
>> There is a known issue with the latest version of Asterisk 13.xxx
>> crashing. I don't know the root cause. Try downgrading the Asterisk
>> version. You probably should compile all code with debug flags enabled
>> if you want to find the root cause of this.
>
> In our environment the crash happen almost always within two minutes. No
> calls or other activity are needed to make the crash happen.
>

> Things that didn't help:
>
> * downgrading asterisk13 to 13.17 or 13.16
> * downgrading gcc5 or upgrading it to gcc6
> * disabling all modules
> * compiling asterisk13 with GCC or CLANG
> * upgrading the poudriere build environment from 11.0 to 11.1
>
> Thing that helped
>
> * installing astersisk 13.16 from https://pkg.freebsd.org
> (All our previous attempts were with software which was compiled locally
> on poudriere under FreeBSD 11.1 or 11.0)
>

> Not sure if it relevant, but our make environment looks like this:
>
> WITH_PKGNG=yes
> WITHOUT_X11=yes
>
> JAVA_PORT=java/openjdk8
> JAVA_VERSION=1.8
>
> apache22-worker-mpm_SET+=PROXY_AJP PROXY_BALANCER PROXY_CONNECT
> PROXY_FTP PROXY_HTTP PROXY_SCGI
> WITH_BDB_VER=5
>
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=  php=7.1
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=  apache=2.4
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=  ssl=openssl
>
> WITH_MYSQL_VER=102m
>
> # This is needed when using openssl from ports
> OPTIONS_UNSET+= GSSAPI_BASE
> OPTIONS_SET+=   GSSAPI_MIT

This last detail could be the cause of the failures.

Depending on the options with which you compiled the asterisk port it is
possible for it to not play well with this one.

Could you send me in a private email the output of "make showconfig"
from the asterisk port?

To use ports provided SSL and GSS/Kerberos with asterisk special care
should be taken, some indications are present in UPDATING entries
20150506 and 20150323.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at FreeBSD.org>