[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk13 coredump on freebsd 11.1

Tao Zhou tao at ish.com.au
Mon Sep 18 23:57:44 UTC 2017

On 18/9/17 5:40 pm, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> There is a known issue with the latest version of Asterisk 13.xxx
> crashing. I don't know the root cause. Try downgrading the Asterisk
> version. You probably should compile all code with debug flags enabled
> if you want to find the root cause of this.

In our environment the crash happen almost always within two minutes. No
calls or other activity are needed to make the crash happen.

Things that didn't help:

* downgrading asterisk13 to 13.17 or 13.16
* downgrading gcc5 or upgrading it to gcc6
* disabling all modules
* compiling asterisk13 with GCC or CLANG
* upgrading the poudriere build environment from 11.0 to 11.1

Thing that helped

* installing astersisk 13.16 from https://pkg.freebsd.org
(All our previous attempts were with software which was compiled locally
on poudriere under FreeBSD 11.1 or 11.0)

Not sure if it relevant, but our make environment looks like this:

WITH_PKGNG=yes
WITHOUT_X11=yes

JAVA_PORT=java/openjdk8
JAVA_VERSION=1.8

apache22-worker-mpm_SET+=PROXY_AJP PROXY_BALANCER PROXY_CONNECT
PROXY_FTP PROXY_HTTP PROXY_SCGI
WITH_BDB_VER=5

DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=  php=7.1
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=  apache=2.4
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=  ssl=openssl

WITH_MYSQL_VER=102m

# This is needed when using openssl from ports
OPTIONS_UNSET+= GSSAPI_BASE
OPTIONS_SET+=   GSSAPI_MIT

--
Tao ZHOU