Mirror the freebsd-update server?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Sep 13 00:04:00 UTC 2017

> Am 13.09.2017 um 00:09 schrieb Jason Tubnor <jason at tubnor.net>:
>
> I found this useful.  I made some adjustments for what I needed but those
> updates are sweet now :-)
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/VladimirKrstulja/Guides/FreeBSDUpdateReverseProxy <https://wiki.freebsd.org/VladimirKrstulja/Guides/FreeBSDUpdateReverseProxy>

"This is a simple cache. That means it doesn't consider the files as a whole repository, which in turn means updates to your cache are not atomic. It'd be advised to nuke your cache before your update run, as its point is only to retain the files in a local cache for some short period of time required for all your machines to be updated.“

The problem is, my updates don’t work that way.

These servers all belong to different customers (well, some have a couple) and I can’t patch them in „some short period of time“.
It’s continuous process.
I have other stuff to do. And I have to negotiate downtimes etc.