recommendations for file server based zfs appliance

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 09:19:20 UTC 2017

The HP micro servers work very well, and you can pick them up remakably
cheaply if you look. I have six of these in various laces, all running
ZFS and FreeBSD to perform various funcytions. Not sure about ECC memory
support there though. Also theres only one expansion slot, which we ut
10 gig cards into (low profile). They all used to come with ull iLo
support too, though I understand the most recent model drops this.

-pete.