mlx4en, timer irq @100%... (11.0 stuck on high network load ???)

Julien Charbon jch at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 15 22:35:44 UTC 2017

 Hi Ben,

On 8/11/17 11:32 AM, Ben RUBSON wrote:
>> On 08 Aug 2017, at 13:33, Julien Charbon <jch at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 8/8/17 10:31 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>>
>>> Suggested fix attached.
>>
>> I agree we your conclusion.  Just for the record, more precisely this
>> regression seems to have been introduced with:
>> (...)
>> Thus good catch, and your patch looks good.  I am going to just verify
>> the other in_pcbrele_wlocked() calls in TCP stack.
>
> Julien, do you plan to make this fix reach 11.0-p12 ?

 I am checking if your issue is another flavor of the issue fixed by:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=307551
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D8211

 This fix in not in 11.0 but in 11.1.  Currently I did not found how an
inp in INP_TIMEWAIT state can have been INP_FREED without having its tw
set to NULL already except the issue fixed by r307551.

 Thus could you try to apply this patch:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/acb5bfda99b753d9ead3529d04f20087c5f7d0a0.patch

 and see if you can still reproduce this issue?

 And in the spirit of r307551 fix and based on Hans patch I will also
propose to add a kernel log describing the issue instead of starting an
infinite loop when INVARIANT is not set.

--
Julien