FreeBSD 10.1_RELEASE to FreeBSD 10.2 BETA2

timp timp87 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:48:42 UTC 2015

Hi!

> 1. VT module doesn't load.
>   In /boot/loader.conf I have:
>   kern.vty=vt
> but it doesn't work. If I manual loada module witk kldload radeonkms I
> got just black screen and nothing more.

As I know it's not a module. And you can't load it.
I have a workstation under 10.2-BETA2 amd64 GENERIC with kern.vty=vt set and
have no problem.

> 2. Fireware external disk doesn't work either. In /boot/loader.conf I
> have sbp_load="YES" but it doesn't load. If I run kldload sbp it load
> and works.
> 3. The same is with web camera.
>   cuse4bsd_load="YES" which I have in /boot/loader.conf doesn't load.
> It works if I load with kldload.
> In /boot/loader.conf I have also loader_logo="beastie" which doesn't
> show picture in menu (it is default one).
>
> In /boot/device.hints I have also some hits which are for my sound card
> and it doesn't read them and sound doesn't work correct too.
>
> On FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE (amd 64) I didn't have problems.
> Today I update with freebsd-update fetch and the problem exist.

What if you load the previous kernel? Did you upgrade only kernel? What
about world?
Something's definitely wrong with your machine.
I have

% cat /boot/loader.conf
zfs_load="YES"
kern.geom.label.gptid.enable="0"