stf(4) on 10-stable

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Wed Dec 16 16:11:36 UTC 2015

Hi.

Does anybody run recent 10-stable with working 6to4 connectivity?

A week ago I upgraded two systems where stf(4) is used. They were running
10-stable from beginning of September, with stf working fine. After
upgrade, the address on stf0 stays "tentative" indefinitely. So far, I've
not found any way to force it online. Tried ifconfig down/up, ifdisabled,
no_dad, and sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.dad_count=0. The latter just makes
"tentative" flag flapping.

Looking at commits, I suspect that r287734 (MFC of r287094) and/or r290348
(MFC of r288600) may be responsible for this. It changed the code that
handles DAD, and AFAICT at least in6if_do_dad() now returns different
value for stf interfaces than before.

--
						Dan