pkgng cannot fetch from PACKAGESITE with nanobsd.sh in FreeBSD 10.1

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 2 18:39:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 12:48:21PM +0200, Zenny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. In order to comply with the pkgng in FreeBSD 10.1, the following changes
> were appended to my customized nanobsd.conf:
>
> customize_cmd cust_NANOBSD_setup
> >
> > cust_NANOBSD_packages() {
> > chroot ${NANO_WORLDDIR} sh -c 'cd packages; pkg; pkg install nano; pkg
> > clean;'
> > }
> >
> > customize_cmd cust_NANOBSD_packages
> >

> Certainly I had tuned chrooted /etc/resolv.conf with:
>
> #tune resolv.conf
> >         echo '
> >         nameserver 8.8.8.8
> >         nameserver 8.8.4.4
> >         ' >> ${NANO_WORLDDIR}/etc/resolv.conf

This tuning is not needed you can specify the nameserver on pkg command line:
pkg -o NAMESERVER="8.8.8.8" -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} update

You can also simply add NAMESERVER in your environement variable

> Still the package cannot be downloaded from PACKAGESITE and got built into
> nanobsd image.
>
> 2. Also tried with:
>
> cust_pkg() {
> >     pkg -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} update
> >     pkg -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} install nano
> >     pkg -c ${NANO_WORLDDIR} clean
> > }
> >
> > customize_cmd cust_pkg
> >

> Both ways, I get the same error that reads as of below:
>
> cd: packages: No such file or directory
> > pkg: Error fetching
> > http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: No
> > address record
> > A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
> > Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports:
> > 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
> > The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> > Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+
> > http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest, please wait...
> > pkg: Error fetching
> > http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: No
> > address record
> > A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
> > Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports:
> > 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
> > The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> > Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+
> > http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest, please wait...
> > pkg: Error fetching
> > http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/Latest/pkg.txz: No
> > address record
> > A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.
> > Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports:
> > 'ports-mgmt/pkg'.
> > The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> > Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: Bootstrapping pkg from pkg+
> > http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest, please wait...

Is pkg installed on your host? it seems not?

Best regards,
Bapt