CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 19:36:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Jean-Sébastien Pédron <dumbbell at freebsd.org
> wrote:

> On 28.10.2014 20:20, Miguel Clara wrote:
> >> Before trying this update, did you have xf86-video-ati-7.2.0 installed?
> >>
> > I have both installed, always had,
>
> Just to be sure, you mean you have both xf86-video-ati and
> x86-video-intel installed, right?

Yes, but only used the intel in xorg.conf since radeaon failed

> > but so far could only use intel, (I reported issue with the card
> > before, but eventually got no reply back)
>
> FreeBSD doesn't support video cards which don't have their own output
> connectors yet. However, I suppose the Intel should work properly.
>
> Can you point me to the thread (in the mailing-list archive) where you
> reported your problem with the Intel card?

The intel works indeed, the problem as always radeon, and now that you
mention that, in the list the discussion lead to the same conclusion about
the output.

here:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2014-January/014111.html

I wonder tough... what if I connect it to a HDMI output? should it work or
the same applies?