dedicate the most available cpu cores to my application

Nick Sivo nick at ycombinator.com
Wed Jun 11 20:16:29 UTC 2014

I'd actually like to do the opposite of this, and have run into the
same problem.

cpuset -s 1 -l 0
cpuset: setaffinity: Resource deadlock avoided

I've also tried it in rc.local, also without success.

In my case I want everything on one or two cores so the reminder will
enter C3 sleep and encourage Turbo Boost. Our application is limited
to a single core and benefits greatly from the faster clock.

-Nick