FreeBSD 10 on VMWare in a corporate network; How?

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 14 13:49:06 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014, at 13:38, Marko Cupać wrote:
> First of all, I wouldn't go with 10-RELEASE, as it is not officially
> supported. Go for 9.2-RELEASE amd64 or expect all kinds of problems.

"FreeBSD" is "not officially supported" by VMWare. Trust me. We threw
$60,000 at them and they still wouldn't acknowledge bugs. I couldn't
even find an engineer that knew what FreeBSD was!

Plus you have to consider that we don't even know what version of ESXi
he's working with in the first place. According to their OS support
matrix, FreeBSD 9.2 is only "supported" on ESXi 5.5.

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software&partner=109&testConfigurations=16&page=1&display_interval=10&sortColumn=Partner&sortOrder=Asc&testConfig=16